Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Few Thoughts on Current Events

I thought I'd chime in here in honor of my brother's yartzheit. Work doesn't provide me with time to post here so often. I believe that the unrest surrounding Israel will Be finished before 5772, around August. But the changes will continue, much like the American Civil War did not bring complete freedom to African Americans. Oil is becoming less reliable, nuclear power is obviously going out of style, and a huge natural gas find will reach production in the coming years. Reminds me of Isaiah 60, which mentions the darkness that is approaching followed by economic prosperity for Israel. Sooner or later Israel will be dragged in to a conflict with Gaza, until leadership arises which realizes the necessity of returned Jewish settlement. The conflicts generally increase in severity each round. Imagine the isolation and condemnation of Oferet Yetzuka and the flotilla when Israel acts with more force. We will see if we can hear the voice of Yitzhak telling us to flee Esav.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you back! I've been wanting to ask your opinion on this.

    "...the Vilna Gaon,...gives an “early” date of the 17th of Iyar, 5771 and a “late” date of Rosh Chodesh Av, 5771."

    Is this why you refer to August?? Can you be more specific about what you expect to see come August?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GR"A did not say what is implied there, that is why you can't find a clear source. What I said about August is completely unrelated. I am not predicting a big event, but rather trying to understand the relation between the current war of Gog and Magog from the last one. This is not the end.

    ReplyDelete