Monday, May 12, 2008

Yovel Spreadsheet

(For more on the subject of Yovel, click here to return to the Table of Contents.)

In honor of this weeks parshah, Behar, which discusses Shmitah and Yovel, I have put together a spreadsheet detailing the proposal I made here to combine the 50 year and 49 year cycles of Rabbanan and Rebbi Yehudah. The spreadsheet details Yovel and Shmitah counting from the time of Yehoshua until the next Yovel year in 5776. Yovel years are highlighted across. 50 year and 49 year cycles are highlighted in different shades of green. Google Docs is not quite as easy to use and much slower than Microsoft Excel, as such, please don't make any requests of me to add stuff in to this, but let me know if you find mistakes.

Here it is.

Updated - I have also added a second sheet to the spreadsheet with just the Yovel years.

No comments:

Post a Comment